Bird Rock

On one of our regular neighborhood walks, we spotted something new--a freshly built Little Free Library! It even had water for dogs and a little dispenser of poop bags. How sweet is that? Now I've got another stop to add to my library rotation, LOL.

Newest neighborhood Little Free Library
--complete with thoughtful dog amenities

Today we had to run an errand to the pharmacy, so we decided to take advantage of the location and took a walk in the neighbourhood. We had promised a friend back in Italy some photos of the sea, and today felt like the perfect day for it.

On the way there, I couldn't resist snapping a pic of this house--it's so different from the others around here. To me, it feels more L.A. than San Diego. Maybe they're transplants?

Modern L.A. vibe

As we walked, Ira suggested we check the library map to see if there were any others nearby. I told him I'd already checked and there weren't... but wouldn't you know it? We stumbled across one anyway! It was nestled among flowers and had a sweet little hook labelled "Dog Hook" so you could secure your leash while browsing. So thoughtful! 

A surprise discovery

This particular library had books mostly geared toward tweens and teens--not really my genre, but I still love finding new ones! It reminded me of when I lived in Seattle during the Pigs on Parade project, where the city commissioned artists to decorate pig statues that were then scattered around town. It turned into a fun scavenger hunt to see how many you could find. (You can click the link or just Google "Seattle Pigs"--some of them were really creative!)



But I digress... back to the sea! 

Someone had created a beautiful little succulent garden at the top of the stairs leading down to the water. Isn't it lovely?

Stair Succulents

There wasn't much of a beach--more like a rocky shoreline--but it was popular with the surfers. Or maybe the beginner surfers. We watched a few people arrive, wax their boards and paddle out into the waves. In my totally unprofessional opinion, the waves were small and steady. Perfect for practice. And the half-dozen surfers we watched definitely seemed to be getting in lots of practice.

Rocky shore and gentle waves

It was a quick visit--mostly a photo op--and then we headed back up the stairs toward the car. On the way, I spotted these doors and had to stop for a quick shot. I'm sure they are scorching hot in the summer sun, but I thought they were pretty.

Pretty Metal door #1

Door #2

A dopo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego