A Full Day in Aggius
We both slept incredibly well and woke up ready to explore. First stop: the rooftop terrace of our Airbnb, where breakfast was waiting. Fresh fruit, chocolate croissants, yogurt with granola--and of course, cappuccino, espresso, macchiato. Sara was also the barista.
I didn't take a photo this time; another couple was already seated at the large shared table, and it felt a bit rude to interrupt the vibe. Instead, we enjoyed a lovely conversation before setting off to wander through town.
Flowers everywhere
Cats enjoying a little shade
Aggius was in full bloom. Flowers spilled over railings, peeked out from window boxes, and softened the edges of the granite homes and streets. And as a bonus, the cats of Aggius seemed to be enjoying the shade as much as we were.
Town Fountain
Next up, at Sara's suggestion, we visited the Oliva Carta Cannas Ethnographic Museum, located in a historic building right in the heart of Aggius. The museum showcases the domestic life and crafts that defined this part of Gallura for centuries.
Traditional Loom
Raw harvested corkbark
Breadbox?
Ira fell in love with the cork bowls and hoped to find one in the gift shop--no luck, sadly. But the staff pointed us toward the Cork Museum in Calangianus, a nearby town. Maybe tomorrow!
Cork bowls filled with plants used for dyes
Traditional homemade ravioli Gallurese style
Homemade chjusoni, crispy bacon, smoked ricotta and dried tomato
Both Ira and Robby had the chjusoni, which is the local version of gnocchi. Both enjoyed the dish very much. In fact, I was lucky to get a taste.
Tender, flavorful, and absolutely delicious. Sara had told us it's the only place she eats tongue, and now we understand why. I don't know that I'd have the courage to order it elsewhere, but we were pleasantly surprised. Robby kept complimenting the chef--high praise from someone who clearly knows good food! I do apologize, as neither Ira or I had the wherewithal to remember to snap a photo of the tongue.
After lunch, we said goodbye to Robby. who gave us a little local intel: Sardinia is beloved by motorcyclists not just for its winding scenic roads, but because, as he put it, "there's no radar enforcement." Good to know? Questionable. Eye-opening? Definitely.
Next stop: the Sardinian coast, cork bowls (hopefully), and more small-town discoveries.
A dopo!












Comments
Post a Comment