One church, two church

This morning we went for a walk to Coop, as we are apt to do most days. We always have things on our list to buy, but today I wanted to buy a food processor. I remembered seeing one like Andrea had used to make the tuna spread earlier this year. My goal was to recreate the recipe. 

I say food processor, but really it's more of a mini food blender? And apparently it's not even that, because when I translated the label on the box it says "Compact Chopper". Everything is compact in Italy, since the kitchens are very small. You really don't have room for large appliances.

On our second walk of the day, we discovered a tiny little church. We always seem to be stumbling across new places.


As we continued our way around town, we found ourselves at the court church yard. We remembered that we had recently learned that the corner used to be the old gate to the city, so of course Ira wanted to investigate. 


This is what it looks like now. You can still see the outline of the gate.


Dr. Ronzoni from the Organ Museum is hoping they will restore it someday. 

I didn't end up making the the tuna spread today, but instead we found coleslaw greens and with the help of Chat GPT I tossed it with a homemade dressing Creamy Balsamic Mustard Dressing using the ingredients we had on hand. I love Chat GPT for this.

Ira also made some country fried potatoes, which were delicious! 

We didn't get to a third course, since RC called on his drive to Mirai. It was a good time to catch up since he had a long drive ahead of him.

After the chat we watched the movie Red Sparrow, dubbed in Italian with subtitles. Later I read the synopsis on line and was happy to find that I understood the general plot, if not all the details. Baby steps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego