Halloween in Massa

I'm not sure how we manage it, but somehow we've ended up in another town that is Halloween crazy. Apparently all the surrounding towns come to Massa for Halloween. It's Halloween Town Italian style!

It started out slow during the day with decorations around the square. 


The DJ set up early.


and as the sun went down, it got creepier.

By the evening it was just spooky.

Ira and I headed off to Andrea and Melissa's. This year Andrea was to take V.S. out since Melissa was nursing her recovering broken wrist. So, Ira went out with Andrea and V.S. and I stayed behind with Melissa for aperitivo. 

When the three returned from trick or treating, Ira shared a few pictures from one of five of the haunted houses. Of course they had to have clowns!



Clearly I'm not the only one who thinks clowns are creepy. In fact, I didn't put in the picture of the creepiest clown, because I'm still trying to forget the image.

The kids were trick or treating at the businesses and many of the shop owners were in costume. Although Andrea and Melissa were expecting at least a few trick or treaters at their house, we only had one doorbell ring the whole night. 

We left Andrea and Melissa's at a decent hour, but the square was still hopping!


I was ready to pack it in, but they played a salsa so we jumped in for one song. Then the music went electronic, so we called it a night.


This photo was taken from the window of our rental towards the building we are buying into. I guess we'll be in the thick of things next year! 

At the end of the night the DJ was taking requests and the whole crowd was singing along to what we can only believe are Italian favorites. We may have to learn those LOL.

A dopo!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego