Tis the Season

Since our sleeping schedules were still cattywampus, we decided to stick close to home. Serena had brought us her homemade black kale and bean soup, kale chips and some fancy cheese. So we didn't even need to think about cooking.


The cheese was La Reserva del Fondatore which is a classic Tuscan pecorino using ancient traditional methods and refined in a cave. It's made from sheep's milk, which makes sense since the Italian word for sheep is pecora. 

As we wandered through the streets of Massa this day, I took notice of all the cool signs . Some may be new old stock, but still cool nonetheless.






Iris' Attic

The Cat and the Fox

We ended up at the grocery store where we found the black kale Serena was telling us was in season. As is fennel (which she gave us previously and we roasted). 


In theory, the produce in stock at the Coop should only be what's in season locally. And I would say generally that is the case. However, even here, there are some imports that are sneaking in. I hope not so much though, because I'm looking forward to learning to cook seasonal vegetables and looking forward to what each season brings.

A dopo!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego