San Francisco
I really don't know the first thing about architecture but I've always appreciated buildings that make me stop and look and even take a picture. Having been to Chicago a few months ago, you could say I'm even more attuned to them than before. My girlfriends were more than happy to stop to let me take a few shots along our long walk to brunch this morning.
I like the varied heights of the rooflines on this one. The very top looks like a blue glass lion head. Or what do you see?
This metal sculpture of a reclined figure at the front of the W caught my eye. I wonder if the subject of the piece was deliberate? It is a hotel, after all.
Transbay Transit Center
We walked through the park from end to end. It was clean and most of the people enjoying the park were either eating lunch or just relaxing and enjoying the green space. It reminded me a lot of the High Line park in New York City.
Maison Nico
After brunch we decided to head to the Presidio National Park and former Army base. It is also a part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. After shopping at the gift shop, Kimber wanted to rent e-bikes to allow us to see more of the park. We could have used some 20-somethings to help us navigate the payment but we finally figured it out. I can't tell you how many decades it's been since I rode a bike. But other than the fact that the e-bike is quite a bit heavier, it was really fun to ride. The hills were so much easier!
View from the park
Golden Gate Bridge
A dopo!








Comments
Post a Comment