Downtown LV

We were back in Las Vegas for one last time to pick up our boxes and the last of our stuff stored in Adrian's garage. We also took the time to have a celebratory dinner with Josh for the sale of our house. It certainly wasn't what I would call a textbook sale, but we got it done! We decided to go to Oscar's Steakhouse in downtown Las Vegas. 

Current view from the outside

View from the inside

But back in the day, it was the swimming pool for the hotel.

We were lucky and got what I thought was the best seat in the house. This is the view when we sat down for an early dinner reservation. The streets were still fairly empty but it was a great view of the barrel vault canopy they call the Fremont Street Experience. 

I snapped a few pics of the colorful ones.


As you would expect, the boys ordered steak, ribeye I believe. And I ordered the short rib Rossini which meant it was sitting on a bed of truffle mashed potatoes and creamed spinach and a slice of foie gras on top.


We did order some green sides, so it wasn't entirely a meat-fest. Ira said the steak was cooked to perfection. It was a long un-hurried meal, so I was able to convince the boys to share dessert with me.

Brownie bite sundae with banana chips

I can attest that they both had more than just a spoonful. It was yummy! After several hours, we were ready to walk down Fremont Street. It had been ages since we had last been. It's been cleaned up a lot. When you get to street level, you get both the light show and the music. I still find The Fremont Street Experience light and music show just as cool as the first time I saw it decades ago. The canopy is 90 feet high (27 m) and 4 blocks long or about 1375 ft (419 m).

We stopped to watch this street busker as he was stacking boards on top of glasses.


The pile got so high, that he needed assistance from a member of the audience to hand him the last few glasses and boards.

And then he proceeded to balance on top.

On his head! Crazy! That was slightly more entertaining than this busker, LOL.

But, it didn't stop me from taking a picture. I suppose you have to give the guy props for dancing outside in a gorilla suit. It's nighttime but it's Vegas, it's still over 80℉.

We end this post with a picture of what I'm sure has to be the largest working slot machine in the world. I didn't check, but how could it not be?


A dopo!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego