Sea Caves?

Path to the Sea Caves

Today we planned to check out the sea caves that Dawn and David had told us about. We scored a great parking spot, right at the start of this path.


Kayakers on Tour

The path wound down and around to the sea where we spotted these kayakers, we assumed they were on a tour. There were also a bunch of swimmers that were swimming out to a buoy and back. We figured they must have been training for something.

Sea cave

A little further along the path and we came across the sea cave. There was a tour, but it was closed at 4:30pm, so we'll have to try again another day after I retire!

Pelican

We did see a lot of pelicans and I was able to snap this shot of one nearby. He didn't pay much attention to us and let us take all the pictures we wanted. And then we turned the corner and what did we find? 


Finally! We were beginning to wonder what happened to all of them.

They are SO NOISY!

Can you tell them apart from the rocks?


Can you tell the difference between the seal and the sea lions? Supposedly sea lions have ear flaps and seals just have a hole. I also read that sea lions "walk" on their large flippers but seals flippers are smaller and they "wriggle" on their stomachs on land. But even reading that, I couldn't tell.


I end this post with one final pelican pic. They are kind of prehistoric looking, aren't they?


A dopo!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego