Del Mar
Our plan this day was to have lunch with friends in Del Mar and then go to Comic-Con in the evening, but we had so much fun visiting with our bonsai friends Mark and Cathy that we stayed longer than anticipated. Comic-Con will have to wait.
They were interested to catch up with our news and since they had both lived abroad for some time both in the Bahamas and in France, we were interested in hearing about their experiences. I especially was curious to talk to Cathy about how she felt leaving the tech industry in her forties. Did she ever regret it? or miss it? Lately as the time draws nearer to my leaving, I've been asking myself those same questions? Cathy said she never regretted it for a moment and she's enjoyed every minute.
We enjoyed a lovely lunch. Cathy prepared the most delicious corn salad. So yummy I got the recipe. I copied it to my Recipe Blog, here's the link if you're interested Bobby Flay's Roasted Corn Salad.
Here's a photo of their back yard. They have a beautiful bonsai collection. All the trees are very well maintained and manicured. Cathy also has an extensive kusamono collection. These are small plant compositions that are typically displayed as a companion to the bonsai at a competition or show. They help to tell the story.
In the meantime, we are still waiting for our house to sell. Boo.
A dopo.

Comments
Post a Comment