Comic-Con

 

Building Wraps

I'm not sure if you have ever heard of a building wrap before. I know I hadn't. But apparently they are a big revenue stream for San Diego, especially during Comic-Con. RC told us that there is 5-digit daily fine for any advertising that obstructs building windows. But the Hollywood studios gladly pay the fines to ensure their movie is advertised in a prime spot for Comic-Con attendees. The city expects over 130,000 people to attend and spend a predicted $25 million. It is a big event for the city.

Thankfully our friend Wade met us shortly after we picked up the free passes he got for us, because the convention was enormous. It looked packed to me, but Wade said this was the slowest day. I'm so glad we didn't go the day before! Wade asked what we wanted to see. I said I would be happy to see some Star Wars stuff, maybe a Mandalorian and of course Grogu, my favorite!

Star Wars stuff

Our People's Choice Mandalorian

and animatronic Grogu!

I have to say, Grogu was awesome! You couldn't get much more realistic than the original. The guys at the booth said they could make us one for only $250,000!

I also thought the Lego booth deserved honorable mention.

Lego R2D2


 

This was a Lego version of the iconic photo of Buzz Aldrin on the moon. Did you notice they even lego'd in the reflection on the cover of the mask. Crazy, right?! 

And the costumes or I suppose I should say cos-play was so impressive! Check out this tusken raider. I was convinced. 


Our other friend Mike showed up with his son Zephyr. He was really into Pokemon, so we walked around to the Pokemon booths. After that we headed towards Wade and Angie's hotel which was connected to the convention center. We had a very expensive caesar salad and ham and cheese croissant and then said our goodbyes. That was more than enough for us! We walked back to our cars with Mike and Zephyr. Our first San Diego Comic-Con under our belts. I did take one last picture for those of you old enough to remember this movie, you'll recognize what or who's crawling all over Santa.

Santa & Wolverine

A dopo!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego