Sunshiney Day

I finished my first full week back at work and can say that I almost feel like I've caught up on the backlog. Almost. But not to worry, as Gerald likes to say, 'las viudas siempre estarán ahí', the widows will always be there.

Ira had plans to help RC make some monkey poles, so I had a few hours of me-time ahead. As per my new schedule, I switched from Spanish to Italian at lunchtime and will stick with Italian until Tuesday. So that's what I did--I sat outside by the pool soaking up some sunshine while I did my Italian Duolingo.

Then I decided it was time to use up the lime juice I had squeezed the other  night. There were five sad little limes that needed rescuing or tossing. Of course I didn't toss them. Instead I made lime curd. I had made it once before at Mirai and it turned out great, so I figured why not again? My intention was to make Lemon Icebox Pie another Chat GPT creation using ingredients I happened to have at Mirai. RC said it reminded him of a pie from his childhood,  so I thought it might be nice to make it, especially since we might see him this trip.

However this time, I must have either had the double boiler on too high or wasn't stirring fast enough because I ended up with bits of cooked egg. Yuck! I managed to save it by painstakingly sieving the egg bits, but I guess I was lucky the first time. Anyway, the Lemon or Lime Curd recipe has very few ingredients and as long as you are stirring diligently over the double boiler, it's fairly foolproof. Chalk it up to experience. At any rate, I have lime curd for my pie now.

Other than that, the most exciting thing that happened was a palm leaf falling. See it between the two trunks in the middle of the shot? It made such a racket--you'd be surprised how loud it was. Kobayashi woke up from his nap in the office and charged out to investigate, LOL. He showed that palm leaf who was in charge!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego