Lusk to San dee-AH-go

After Crazy Horse we drove to Lusk, Wyoming to spend a night before driving the rest of the way to Denver, Colorado, another two states that I'd never been to before. I have to say the husband and wife that ran the Best Western there put on one of the best free breakfasts I've had in a long time. The scrambled eggs were fluffy and the sausage was delicious. Ira said the biscuits and gravy were no joke either. If you're ever in Lusk, I recommend the Pioneer Best Western.

The next morning we drove to Denver and enjoyed a lovely lazy day since our only plans were for dinner. Ira worked out and I blogged while watching the last half hour of several movies I'd seen before. Ira will tell you, the last half hour is always my favorite part! 

We met up with our old friend Johnny for dinner. For those of you who don't know or don't remember, Johnny introduced Ira and I. It was so lovely to see him again after so many years. 

In the morning we stopped by Todd and Bridget's house and garden. Todd is a bonsai professional who studied under Ryan. When Ira was president of the Las Vegas Bonsai Society he used to stay at our house twice a year when we would hire him for the club to demonstrate and run a workshop. 

He and his wife Bridget have been hard at work fixing up their new place. I'm not sure how many trees he has, but it was definitely in the hundreds. Bridget was in the process of converting their garage into a ceramics workshop, it was already equipped with Tiffany blue retro cabinets, so she was off to a good start. After a short visit we were back on the road and headed back to Las Vegas.

Though we had several choices, we decided to go back to Carson and Crissy's for the week. While I was working, Ira spent his days at our house, checking on the contractors that had been scheduled to come in to paint, fix the fountain, steam clean the carpet and tile and clean. By Friday everything was completed to Ira's satisfaction.

While Carson was getting ready for his annual summer drive to the family farm in Pennsylvania, so as I predicted we were going to help him check off things on his list, which we were more than happy to assist with. So the four of us went to Doña Maria's Mexican Restaurant, we went back to the seafood restaurant to watch Risa sing and finally dinner at Sen of Japan. Oh my goodness, I'm going to need to step up my step count!

At the end of the week I packed up my office and early Saturday morning we headed to San Diego. We had hair appointments scheduled for 1:45pm so of course we left at 7am for a 5 hour drive. California traffic is so unpredictable. 

Eddie's World

If any of you have driven from Las Vegas to California, you may have seen the giant ice cream sundae at Eddie's World. Ira swears I have been there before, but I feel like I should have remembered coming into the superstore of candy.


Rows upon rows of candy. It's overwhelming!


We left without buying anything. They did have nice restrooms though, LOL. We only had one small traffic detour and made in time to have a lovely Greek lunch before our hair appointments. Since parking in the city is at a premium, we decided to walk from lunch to the salon. Along the way we came across mural street. Random, but fun, huh?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Shredder




More mural art

Then it was over to David & Dawn's and Kobayashi's where we would spend one night and leave our truck before our trip to Central America. Kobayashi was so happy to see Ira, me too, but more Ira, they're buddies.

Well, that catches you all up. I am writing this from the Delta Sky Lounge in the San Diego Airport while waiting for our flight to Belize. If all goes to plan, on Monday, the house photos will be ready and the house will get listed and we will be in Belize City to meet with my friends that I met through Duolingo. After 3 years of only meeting them through Zoom, we're finally going to meet face to face. Who knows, my Spanish might even improve a little.

That's all for now.

A dopo!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego