It's not Hallowe'en, it's June!


If you don't know what this is, let me explain. Ira discovered it the other day after noticing egg shells on the ground. Then a walk around the house revealed three other spots. Can you believe it? It's not even Hallowe'en! Do kids even egg houses at Hallowe'en anymore? It used to be that houses that didn't give out candy would either get egged or toilet papered. Maybe that still happens these days, but I have no idea. 


Even if kids still did that on Hallowe'en, it would somehow be more acceptable. But it's June! Who the heck is egging houses in June, and why?  

Letty helped us clean up the windows, but we still have to figure something out with the screens. Sheesh, really? Is this what we're dealing with?

Fast forward to the evening, and Kobayashi asked for an unusual second walk. We decided to go in the opposite direction and happened to walk past two young boys. Both Ira and I stopped after they walked past, and Ira snapped this picture.


Ira is observant, but for me to notice something unusual is rare. Who walks around the neighborhood with a plastic container full of eggs? Are they stupid or do they just not care?

Anyway, Ira and I decide to turn around and follow them. Kobayashi didn't care which way we went. The boys ended up walking our usual route and then stopped and went into a gated garbage bin area.


Ira snapped a couple more pictures of their faces. When they asked if anything was wrong, Ira replied, "No, just out walking the dog." They left and kept walking. Ira then poked his head into the bin area and snapped this photo.


I decided to knock on the door of the house to see if the boys lived there or, if not, to let the residents know about the 'egg dump.' No one was home. So we decided that Ira would wait by the eggs with Kobayashi while I walked in the direction the boys went. Maybe I could find out where they lived. 

I ran into a older gentleman walking toward me and asked if he had seen two young boys. He said he had; they were running. At first he thought they were jogging, then realized they were running like they had done something bad. I thanked him and asked him to let Ira know we had spoken if he saw him with Kobayashi. I continued in the same direction as the boys.

I walked all the way around the block without seeing anything and then came back around to where Ira was waiting, just as the gentleman was leaving. I told Ira we should take the eggs. I figured if the kids came back and saw they were gone, they would know the jig was up and maybe that would scare them enough to stop being stupid. Or it won't make any difference.

It certainly got Ira all jacked up though.

A dopo!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego