Belize

I suppose the picture is self-explanatory, but we made it to Belize. We arrived at the Airbnb the same time as my friend Iris and her aunt from Guatemala. We picked our rooms and then headed out to lunch. It was SO HOT!  The restaurant was only a few blocks away but we were dripping.

Blue Isle Restaurant

Though it was hot, it was not such a bad view for lunch. The food was yummy too. We had a typical Belizean Sunday dinner of stewed chicken, rice and beans and potato salad. The walk back was just as hot, so we chilled in the A/C until it was time to meet up with my other friend Anouska. She was arriving from Mexico.

To bring you up to speed I met both Anouska and Iris when I took a 3 month online Spanish course through Duolingo. Anouska was a fellow student and Iris was assisting the instructor. 

We had a nice visit back at the Airbnb and then headed to the north side of town for dinner, on the water, of course. I had the shrimp curry which was delicious. 

I don't know why, but I was surprised that one of the official languages is English, so I didn't get to practice a lot of Spanish our first day. I'm not worried though, it was only day one.

A dopo


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego