A Lazy Weekend
I can't even describe how nice it was to have zero plans for the weekend. I am truly a homebody by nature. We enjoyed sleeping in until Kobayashi asked to be fed. Ira made cappuccinos to enjoy while doing our Duolingo lessons, of course.
Then Ira put golf on in the background, while we budgeted and itemized our expenses for our rental property. I guess that's more productive than lazy LOL It reminded me of weekends when we were first dating -- lazy golf Sundays.
We watched movies, which is one of Ira's favorite things. I rarely feel like we have enough time to sit and watch but this weekend felt different.
We watched "Equalizer 3" with Denzel again. Since it was filmed in Italy, it was especially fun for us. It didn't matter that we hadn't seen the first or second films.
There were three filming locations in fact, but this little town on the Amalfi coast was one of the main ones. Sadly, it's probably overrun with tourists by now. Netflix recommended we watch the first "Equalizer". Though it wasn't set in Italy, it was still enjoyable to see the bad guys get their comeuppance. Unfortunately "Equalizer 2" wasn't available, so we'll have to save that for another lazy weekend in the future.
I had to break it to Ira that "Equalizer" started as a series in the '80s and was later redone with Queen Latifah of all people. Clearly I'm not the only one who enjoyed it.
On Sunday we had planned to go to the local farmer's market but instead, we ended up having a fun call with Andrea and Melissa. It had been so long since we last spoke, and we had a lot to catch up on.


Comments
Post a Comment