La Jolla

I commented to Rebecca one morning that I was unusually hungry. She replied it was because my body knew my girlfriends were in town and was expecting to eat! LOL She could be right.

On this morning we met them at Desserts by Clement . As far as I could tell, all of ClĂ©ment's employees spoke French.  And all were working hard at this very busy shop, including the owner. Impressive. 

We ordered a croissant sandwich, a quiche and an almond chocolate croissant for later. They did not  disappoint. After brunch, since Ira had to go to RC's back in Clairmont, I rode with the girls to the La Jolla house where we had moved to earlier that day.

Oh, did I mention we were house sitting in La Jolla for a week? David, who Ira has been doing some bonsai work for asked us if we wouldn't mind. We agreed we could probably make that work. This is the view from their living room.


Not so bad, huh? Oh, I also forgot to mention the house comes with their rescued greyhound. Because why wouldn't another bonsai friend also have a dog? Coincidence? More on the dog later, he gets his own post.

Meanwhile, I wasn't the only one who had bought treats for later. The girls brought back 'The Sweet Box'. Isn't it beautiful? I was elected to carefully slice each tiny little pastry into fours. Each was quite unique, delicate and delicious.

The Sweet Box

Of course, as I have been apt to do, I end with a sunset from our La Jollan window, at least for the next week.


A dopo!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous location, so lucky! Nice your girlfriends are there. ❤️
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice "playing house" for a little while. I wasn't quite sure what to do with all the space, though my girlfriends suggested I schedule another housesit in the summer LOL.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Few New Updates (#250)

A New Lunch Spot, A Little Bonsai and a Lot of Contractors

A Busy Last Week in San Diego