Italy is Everywhere
Most days we take walks around the neighborhood of Clairemont, where RC lives. You already know that I'm taking pictures of yards that make me stop. This one in particular is so whimsical with the multi-colored succulents against the yellow house. There are also bird feeders and glass globes hanging on stakes amongst the plants. But since the drapes were wide open, I felt I should take the stealth pic from the side. Ira especially loves the Hollywood Juniper tree in the background.
This yard is so colorful! Though per our friend Nina, red in succulents equals stress, I still can't help but appreciate the vibrancy. As it turns out, Nina was right. Succulents turn red because of extreme conditions such as sun exposure, extreme temperatures, under-watering, inadequate nutrition and poor soil.
One evening, Ira returned later in the day from a re-potting session in La Jolla with David, so we decided to have our evening walk at the mall.
I had forgotten how pretty the open air malls in California are. Do you see the white streak in the sky? We found out later that SpaceX had launched their Falcon 9, sending 22 Starlink satellites into low-Earth orbit from Vandenberg Space Force base in Santa Barbara County. Cool, right?
I leave you with this last photo from the mall. I just finished chapter 3 of Pinocchio and here we find Geppetto's. How fun is that? Italy is everywhere LOL.
A dopo!





Comments
Post a Comment