A work in progress
I thought it was about time I post some pictures of RC's yard. His lot is about 9000 square feet and when he started it had a few mature trees but was mostly overgrown weeds. He's been working on it part time for 3 or 4 years His goal is to build designated areas within the yard that are connected with a meandering pathway.
This was the first area RC needed Ira's help with. Together, they separated the planting areas from the pathway and spread gravel and decomposed granite on each. The hollowed out tree trunk has a tube buried inside for deep watering and also serves as a hose guard.
This picture is two steps up further into the garden. RC's already built several rock wall planting beds to break up the large space. Depending on the time of year, different plants are blooming. Right now we're nearing the end of the yellow and orange poppies. He eventually wants to build a pergola in this spot where I was standing.




Comments
Post a Comment