Amsterdam
The flight to Amsterdam was uneventful. The mimosa hit me pretty hard as I fell asleep while everyone was boarding and missed the takeoff and the first beverage service. Ira woke me up for dinner service which was really good. I had mushroom ravioli and Ira had butter chicken. I went back to sleep while Ira watched movies.
We landed early at the Amsterdam airport. But the taxi to the terminal was the longest taxi I can remember. We drove over bridges and freeway overpasses for over 15 minutes. The sunrise was really pretty though.
Getting through customs wasn't too bad, but it would have been a lot quicker with an E.U. passport. It was a quick hour and 45 minute flight to Rome. They gave us traditional Dutch cheese and egg salad sandwiches for lunch on the KLM flight. It was surprisingly good, though I do love egg salad!
We grabbed our boxes and they arrived in fairly good condition. A few gashes on one corner of one box, but that was it! We'll see how the insides fair when we open them up in August.
In Rome we our rental car, a Volkswagon Golf, red which sticks out like a sore thumb amongst all the white silver and black cars on the road. I can't believe how fast the Europeans drive. Ira was driving the speed limit which at times was 110 KMH and cars were screaming past him! We joked that the only cars he was passing were the nonnas!


Comments
Post a Comment